Clue #9: Taking Massive Action

One of my favorite coaches talks endlessly about taking massive action to see your desired results.

I'll admit I've never been a massive action taker.

Well, at least not how I would define massive.

In my mind, massive action means staying up all day and all night focusing singlemindedly on achieving this one particular goal or task.

It means eliminating all distractions, and putting blinders on to everything else except that thing you are applying your total focus to.

That ain't happening in my world.

I wake up between 5 and 6 am most days (yes, even on the weekends). It's just how my brain and body are wired. I'm also in bed most day sby 9 or 10pm. Those late nights for me are few and far between - and I SURE feel it the next day if I do.

Some would say that makes me old. I say it makes me a MOM.

I am up because my bouncing little toddler is ready to start his day. Heaven wouldn't have it if I kept sleeping. Then my oldest needs tending to as well. He may be 12, but there's still the requisite "Wake up it's time for school" that echoes through my home each morning.

Feed the kids, bathe the kids, dressing the kids, transport, sometimes I even get to take a shower!

Who has time for single-minded focus?
Don't get me started on the telephone! I know I'm not the only person that experiences what I call "mom-dar". Kids have this kack for knowing when I'm on the phone. I can start a pleasant and focused as I want to, and then...
*BAM!*
one of my precious angesl is yelling, screaming or breaking something in the other room.

They were quiet just moments before I dialed the phone, I swear.
"One moment please." I say in my nicest voice to the customer on the other end of the phone.

"WILLYOUKIDSSHUTUPI'MONTHEPHONEANDICAN'TEHARAWORDTHEY'RESAYINGCAUSEYOU'RETOOBLEEEPIN'LOUD!"

That's the monster voice that comes from the great beyond to posess me momentarily whilst I try to calmly ask my kids to turn down the volume.

"Thank you for holding, I appreciate your patience" I resume on my call.

I know I'm not the only person that has this happen to them, right?

Right?

So who can possibly create massive action in their lives, when we just want a little positive momentum?

You can. And so can I.

I made this discovery when a friend of mine turned to me one day and said "I don't know how you do it all."
"Do what all?" I replied.
"You've got a business (or three), kids, a husband, you write books, teach classes, and still have time to write music, do shows and all this STUFF!"

I guess I never thought I couldn't do it. I just sort of figured that if I wanted to do this stuff, I'd make it happen somehow.

THAT'S taking massive action. It's relative. It's doing incrementally more than you've ever done before, and doing it on a consistent basis. It's taking advantage of the teeniest tiniest of moments and putting them to work for you, instead of standing around wondering where you're going to find the time to take massive action.

So this weekend, when I should have been having a blast with my pals in NC, I took advantage of the time given back to me by my husband's boss (remind me to thank him sometime).

I took massive action. I dug deep into my build a better customer program and thought long and hard about where I want to serve and who I want to serve.

A few things became crystal clear to me:
* I'm tired of having to set aside my faith when I'm doing business. Its teh very reason I AM in business.
* I want to reach out to Christian business woman in all sectors - not just Direct Sales, but I don't want to neglect the very core customers that have brought me this far. In fact, I want to help them get even FARTHER in their businesses and lives.
* I want to create a 'crack addiction' with my customers. I want them to be so fanatical about my products and services that they know their lives will be absolutely miserable without me in it.
* I don't want to work with people that don't want to work with me. (sounds silly, but it's true!)
* People are tired of hearing the same, tired mantras that haven't worked consistently for decades.
* People want honesty, integrity, resourcefulness and genuine help in growing their business.
* People are too willing to pay for stuff they should be learning for FREE.
* People are paying way too much for regurgitated crap.
* I want my products and services to be top of the line - the highest quality possible - and the best value for the investment.
* I like bells and whistles and think they should come standard.
* I want to give so much value that people would be nuts to ignore what I have to offer.
* I want to deliver consistent results. I only want recognition if I deliver the goods.
* I want everyone to be able to experience the clarity that this process has given me.
* I don't want anyone to have an excuse as to why they can't take advantage of it.
* Above all, I don't want anyone mistaking me for a "guru". I'm not a guru. I'm a ROCK STAR!


I think you can see where this is heading. We're talking about DRAMATIC shifts in the way business is done in not just the direct sales industry, but in business in general. I may be an army of one right now, but I know that there are business women who feel the same way, and we're going to start a MAJOR revolution. Individually, we may not seem like much. But together, we're taking MASSIVE action.

Thing you've got this puzzle solved? we're getting down to the wire here. Post your theory and the first person to correctly guess will win a whopper of a package. Who's it gonna be? It might as well be you!