Inspiration & Business: A Lesson in Consistency

Rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.



So have rumours of me being stranded and mugged in London - for those of you that haven't heard about my Facebook adventure. Someone hacked my Facebook page a couple of months ago, and fortunately, we caught it quickly, which meant little clean up on my end. YAY! The good news is that they didn't do a thing to my facebook fan page - and now we've got all kinds of people connecting with us on Facebook! Double YAY!



And so, between cleaning up all that hoo-hah, and the musical I directed this summer for a local theater company, the LIVE event in August, and the Direct Sales Super Summit that just ended... well, let's just say I've been busy.



Real busy.



And it begs the question - just how important is my blog in terms of traffic generation, lead generation and growing my business? I mean, this is part and parcel to what I teach my clients: build a website, create a brand, and market it like crazy so people will flock to you, rather than you having to chase after them.



I confess, my focus was elsewhere, and while I have some great news to share with you, I also want to be honest and tell you that yes, the number of people that read my blog went WAY down, as did the number of subscribers from my marketing actvities. In fact, there were a couple of weeks where I actually lost more subscribers than I added.



So the lesson in consistency was a hard one to learn - and if you've been following my ezine for any length of time, you'll know that it's not the only hard lesson I learned this month.



One of the things I toyed with was the idea of delegating my blog posts to "guest bloggers" or having my assistant post on my behalf, but I dismissed the idea almost as quickly. To me, my blog is my personal platform to cmmunicate with my readers. To have anyone else do it would take away some of that personalness. Maybe I'll change my mind later, but for now, if I can't post it myself, it won't get posted.



That said, watch what happens to my blog in the coming days - I'm implementing a new traffic strategy, beginning tomorrow, and running throughout the remainder of October. The challenge - a blog post every single day. EVERY day.



And tomorrow's will be a doozie.



You have been warned.