When it rains it pours

For those of you that have been sending cards flowers and well-wishes at the news of my grandfather's death, many many thanks.

But you know what they say, when it rains, it pours.

Grandpa's funeral was yesterday and it was lovely as far as funerals go.

We adjourned to my mom's house, my sister, my oldest son and I. He wanetd to spend the night at my mom's to "keep her company".

She died early this morning in her sleep. My son found her.

There's probably a marketing lesson in this, too. but for now, I'm just heartbroken and sad for my little boy who loved his grandma dearly. He tried to be very brave today, and he was the most amazing kid I've ever seen him be.

So I guess the lesson here is that when things are at their worst, you really CAN pull it together and make something of a sour situation. You have to focus even harder and maybe even bite back a tear or two, but it's still very possible.

As an aside, I know I haven't had time to update teh sale page for Home Party Solution, so yeah, you can still get the discount, just don't expect much in the way of service right now. I have a TON of things going on at home.

Two Funerals in one week can really take a lot out of ya.

I'm really not trying to be flippant here. I miss my mom fiercely. I'm a list-maker and that's how I deal with death. All that grieving and crying will happen some time next week, after all the hubub and family have faded away and there's nothing left to do but sit alone with my feelings and figure out what happened.

So your continued prayers for my son especially are appreciated. She was the only grandparent that was actively involved in his life, and now that she's gone, there's a big space that can't be filled with anything but God.

So do me a favor, call your mom and tell her you love her. You just never know when and how it will all end.